Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Term 4- analysis of vimeo films DIGITOPIA

Digitopia
  • How did the film make you feel? (excited, intrigued, happy etc) Digitopia makes me feel calm in the way of the calming music and blue, black and white colours. It also makes be feel a bit afraid as there are needles and blood in the animation and that is something I am afraid of.
  • In your opinion, what was the most striking element of the film? The  most striking element of the film is the sound. I find the music with the film really striking as it kind of scares me. I find it very mysterious as it blends in with the tones in the animation.
  • List three other things that you found interesting? I found it really interesting in the animation where the hands come out of the mountain, where the hands act as birds and where the person puts the needle into the arm of a lady and then a mechanical arm grows on the other side of her.
  • What meaning did you think the artist was trying to convey? I think the artist was trying to convey a mysterious, happy, passionate mood to the audience.
  • What is your overall impression of the film’s mood? I found the films mood overall mystical. The music, colours, tones and lines all contribute me feeling this mood.
  • Did sound play an important part in your response to the film? Yes I think without the sound the animation would have been a lot more confusing than it is. The song lyrics in utopia in the animation pretty much explains it all. Utopia pretty much means paradise and the name of the film in digitopia. This means the title means digital paradise which is what the animation is about.
  • What comments can you make about the animators technique? (i.e. was it simple, complicated, smooth, jerky etc)  The animators technique was very smooth and complex.
  • Do you think that this animation would have been well planned? Yes this animation would have had to have been very well planned as there would have been a lot of photoshop used and layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment