Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Reflection and Evaluation


Reflection and Evaluation
I think the final result of Georgia and my animation was pretty good. I think it was good because you could see the improvement Georgia and I developed throughout the whole 14 weeks of making our animation. I think the animation process ended up taking a lot longer than I expected it too. At the start I did not think that it would take a whole lesson to shoot just one scene. I think the way we developed our animation was really good by using istopmotion. I think this would be the most effective way of conveying the story that Georgia and I wanted to convey. The project Georgia and I made was really great and I don't think I would like to have changed anything if we were able to started again.
I won’t give up, the final animation Georgia and I produced I think turned out a bit different to what we originally expected it to. There weren’t any major changes but as we were developing our movie there were some scenes we had to change because we either discovered it would be too hard to do or it didn't make sense. The scenes we changed were where the police man was meant to come onto the scene and help the boy get his balloon down, instead of this we put a question mark above the boys head and made it so he went and got a ball to throw at the balloon in the tree instead. We also changed the material of the balloon in the actual thing, as originally it was clay. This ended up being to hard and not even the wire could hold this. So we changed the material of the balloon to paper and this ended up looking better and more realistic anyway.
My animation skills throughout making our movie improved greatly and rapidly. At the start as you can probably see in movie our walking was not that good and the man was just shuffling. But we soon worked out how to make it look more realistic having the man moving his hands, arms and knees while walking. I also came a lot more efficient during making our movie as I found it easier to animate our character and the set. The technique we used for our movie at the start was just having the set and the man. But whilst one night Georgia and I were on YouTube we found this really cool animation for a lyric video of a song. We decided this would be a great way to do the introduction and credits of our film and this worked really well. This actually ended up being one of the best parts of our film and it would have to be the part of our movie I liked the most. Georgia and I encountered many difficulties throughout the animation and filming process. Our set was destroyed many times by people who were walking through the classroom which we soon solved by putting do not touch signs everywhere and locking our character away. We also lost some of our scenes we had shot, as they did not save properly. This was a bit of a disappointment as we may have been able to make our movie a lot better in the end if we had that extra time on our hands to improve our final animation. Another minor problem Georgia and I had whilst shooting our film was making the ball look like it was getting thrown through the sky. This was very hard as we had to use fishing line and at the same time not let it be seen. We overcame this problem with trial and error, but in the end it ended up looking really good. The last problem I encountered was exporting by scenes to put on my blog. As I live at school the Internet is not that good. So whenever I went to upload a scene or something to my blog it didn't load or did not have enough Internet to complete the loading. I ended up overcoming this in the end as I just had to learn to wait a long time.
Storyboards and planning were a large part of Georgia and my movie. If we did not have that shot list or storyboard by our side whilst shooting those scenes we may have not had the reasonably good movie with have today. I learnt that planning is a major contributor to the animation process and helps a lot. Whilst making our movie Georgia and I worked pretty efficiently but as I stated above because we left a few scenes due to saving errors we did have to come in on a Sunday and keep working on our animation. We also used a couple of our lunch times to work on our animation.
Reflections were also a major part of the animation process for me. I think I did a good amount of reflections that were very informative and discussed any problems Georgia and I encountered throughout making our movie.  I could have maybe put a few more blog updates up about my animation so I would have most defiantly had enough evidence to support my work if something were to happen to it or if I were to lose it. My blog does look like a terms worth or work and I think was done reasonably well throughout out the term and a bit.
I learnt many things using animation throughout making the movie. I learnt that saving in to the desktop and then taking it to the USB is quicker for some odd reason instead of saving it to the USB straight away. I also learnt how to quickly use both istopmotion and Photoshop at the same time. Over all I think Georgia and I did very well with our animation and I am very proud of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment