Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Final reflection/evaluation:


Avatar Reflection/evaluation:

Making my avatar was a fun, educational and new process for me. I did not encounter many problems whilst making it but I needed a lot of inspiration before I actually new what I was going to do. I had a few technical difficulties while making my avatar such as:
·       Masks not working
·       Not being able to blend properly
·       Make body parts look like they were actually meant to be there
·       Having trouble copying and pasting
I think all these difficulties were due to lack of knowledge in Photoshop, as I was new to it. But most of these I over came over time and with help from Mr. Andrews. Masks not working was pretty much the only thing that was affected by the computer not working. Thankfully, I didn’t have any corrupt or lost files and ended up having a good knowledge of Photoshop.
My planning and inspiration was a very helpful and important part of my avatar task. I planned on the character profile sheet which changed many times all the way through the making of my avatar. For my avatar as I said above I needed a lot of inspiration and needed to have a good imagination to think of what I wanted it to look like. I also looked at some other girls blogs from last year and some of them were great inspiration for both my blog and my avatar. I think my organization with Photoshop was very good as I had it completed on time. I was very lucky with this task as I am a boarder and I had MacBook’s with Photoshop available every night and day. I also thought I was organized as I wasn’t rushed at the end and started on my second avatar at the half way mark. I was helped a fair bit by Mr. Andrews during making my avatar but the things I needed help with were things that I would not be able to complete without his help.
I think I did use the profile sheet effectively as it did give me inspiration and without it I would not have the avatar I have now. At the very start I downloaded images, which I thought I would be able to use for my avatar and most of them I did use. My character profile assisted my creative decision making a lot and helped me out gigantically over all.
I didn’t encounter any time management issues while making my avatar as I have had everything done and completed on time. But I did make sure I ha access to a MacBook at least two to three times week so I would have my avatar done on time.
I think reflection is one thing I could have done better whilst making my avatar as for my first avatar I did not upload progression images and did not do as detailed reflections. My reflections should maybe have been a less quantity but a longer reflection.
I discovered the skill of the gradient whist using Photoshop and it would have to be my favourite tool in the whole of Photoshop so far!
Overall I am satisfied with the overall result of my avatar and am very happy and proud of it. If I could change any aspects of my avatar I would change the body and maybe make it look like a more alien body. If I could start the avatar again I would do the background first so then I wouldn’t have to apply it at the end as a mask and it would be neater this way. I am very pleased with the progress I have made in Photoshop and hope we work on it again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment