Thursday, July 18, 2013

Reflection- Lessons 1 and 2

In the past two lessons we have been discussing what we are going to work on this term. This term we are each individually editing our film and are making it the way we would like it. In lesson one we disscussed what HD is and what setting choices to choose and why. We discussed the why we choose the format for our film in comparison to what a movie playing in a movie cinema would be. In lesson 2 we spent the whole lesson going over the post production process and what it involved which was:

•Sorting, editing and assembling the footage;•Adding visual effects, computer-generated imagery (CGI), titles etc;•Colour correction or grading of each clip;•Recording/Writing the soundtrack;•Mixing the audio track (Re-recording dialogue, adding sound design and effects);• Transferring the film to a required format, (DVD, Blu-Ray, Quicktime, Windows Media Player).
I thought about this and realised how much I could develop my film and realised how I could make it better. Our homework was set to read some documents about different topics that Mr Andrews has left links to which I plan to do on the weekend. I also think my group has some planning to do but am not quite sure what so I think we should sort that out and get organised! I think it will be hard for me to get on leave this term if we have to film as I have an exchange. But I am sure we can work around that!

No comments:

Post a Comment